Pages

Monday, July 19, 2010

I don’t want to copy Tom Cruise: Shahid

adness of my city,” he says. A picture of the actor wearing an air-force uniform leaked a month ago on the Internet. Several of his fans tweeted that he was copying Tom CruisShahid in Mausame’s look from the 1990s film, Top Gun.

Bring this up with the actor and he says, “We were shooting at a crowded place here. Everyone had mobile phones with cameras. I don’t know who leaked the photo because we didn’t want to reveal the look before time.”

Why does everyone think he looks like Tom Cruise? “It’s an iconic film and that look is pretty famous,” says Kapoor. “Mausam is the only film in recent times to have the air force as its background. My look hasn’t been modelled on Tom Cruise, though I take the comparison as a compliment.”

Although Edinburgh has a considerable Indian population, he complains that there’s not a single Indian TV channel to keep him connected with what is happening back home. “I went on Twitter to ask for Hindi songs and in 30 minutes, I had 30,” he says.

He’s thrilled to take directions from his dad. “He is so focussed and one of the best actors in Bollywood. I’m lucky he’s guiding me as an actor, director and father,” Kapoor says. He got a three-day break from shooting recently and immediately headed to London to watch Wimbledon matches. “I had the Queen of England for company in the court,” he laughs.

Buzz is that Kapoor has reconciled with his mother, Neelima Azim, and has agreed to act in her debut production. “We’re mother and son, that’s what matters. Whether I act in her film or not is secondary,” he says shortly. “I haven’t signed a single new film. My dates are blocked for Mausam till next year.”

No comments:

Post a Comment